SAGULife gives students an exciting opportunity to engage in hands-on experience with academic excellence provided through our partnership with SAGU. We are looking forward to working with each student and seeing growth in every aspect of their lives. The application process is explained thoroughly in the Admissions Packet.
We are also excited to offer financial assistance through our Life Church Scholarship program. Please download the Scholarship pdf to review the opportunities to gain additional monies for your college tuition.
STANDARDS FOR ADMISSION
- SAGU LIFE is a rigorous and intense college experience that places specific requirements and demands on the students enrolled. The objective of SAGU LIFE is to prepare graduates to enter full-time ministry. The technical standards set forth by SAGU LIFE are to establish and identify the essential qualities considered necessary for students admitted to the college, to achieve the knowledge, skills, and competencies of an individual moving into a full-time ministry position. These qualities form the basis of the Technical Standards for admission to SAGU LIFE.All students admitted to SAGU LIFE must meet the following abilities and expectations. In the event a student is unable to fulfill these Technical Standards with or without reasonable accommodation, the College will not admit the student. Compliance with the College’s Technical Standards does not guarantee a student’s eligibility for admission into SAGU LIFE.
Candidates for selection to SAGU LIFE will be required to verify they understand and meet these Technical Standards or that they believe with certain accommodations, they can meet the Standards. The Admissions Committee will evaluate a student who states he/she can meet the college’s technical standards with accommodation and confirm that the stated condition qualifies under applicable laws as a disability under applicable laws eligible for reasonable accommodations.
If a student states he/she can meet the Technical Standards with reasonable accommodation, the College will determine whether it agrees that the student can meet the Technical Standards with reasonable accommodation. The determination includes a review whether the accommodations requested are reasonable, considering whether accommodations would jeopardize the educational process of the student or the institution, including all coursework, ministry training, student life requirements, and internships is deemed essential for graduation.
These abilities and skills, as determined by SAGU LIFE, are as follows:
- OBSERVATION SKILLS: A student must possess, hear, and recognize tone.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Students must be able to speak intelligibly and hear sufficiently affect an adequate exchange of information with team members, congregation, and others. A student must be able to read and write English effectively fulfill academic requirements and maintain accurate records as needed in ministry.
- PSYCHOMOTOR SKILLS: Students must possess the physical skills, talents, and abilities to perform the essential physical task functions of academics and areas in ministry training; for example, those interested in pursuing the Worship Practicum and Directed Study must be able to sing and/or play an instrument.
- SOCIAL SKILLS: Students must possess the physical and emotional health required for the application of their intellectual abilities and the employment of sound judgment, appropriately and promptly. Students must display compassion, sensitivity, and concern for others, and maintain professional integrity always.
- COGNITIVE SKILLS: These abilities include an aptitude for rapid problem solving, the capability to independently access, interpret, and respond to academic and ministry information independently, and pastoral scenarios.
- Complete online application
- Complete pastoral reference
- Schedule initial interview
- Apply to Southwestern Assemblies of God University at WWW.SAGU.EDU/ADMISSIONS COLLEGE-APPLICATION
- SAGU’S Federal School Code is 003616
- SAGU’S ACT Code is 4182
- SAGU’S SAT Code is 6669
- Official High School academic transcript
If you are currently attending High School, you may request an in progress transcript be sent to us for admission evaluation, followed by final transcript upon graduation. The final transcript, must be official, which means it is directly sent to SAGULife form the High School.
- Official college transcripts are also required from all colleges and universities attended
(once enrollment in the institution is concluded).
If you are presently enrolled, an unofficial transcript may be submitted for preliminary evaluation, but must be followed by an official transcript once final grades are posted.
- Background check clearance.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY RELATED TO STUDENTS
SAGULife admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs. The College reserves the right to withdraw a student for cause at any time.